Wall should be prepped to a smooth, clean, and dry surface prior to installation. Wall covering will not hide wall flaws such as: nail holes, bumps, or dirt.
* Primer sealer should be used on unpainted drywall. Use acrylic wall covering primers: Professional Ultra Prime (PRO-977), Golden Harvest White Bite, or Allpro Ultra Prep 685. Priming provides a sound surface that wall covering will adhere to. It is recommended to strip down previous layer(s) of wall covering. The wall covering may seem to be firmly adhered to the wall, but the addition of another layer can cause adhesion failure.
* Prime over glossy paint with one of the above mentioned primers.
Clear adhesives such as Professional Ultra Premium Heavy Duty Clear Strippable (PRO-880), Golden Harvest GH-34 Clear Strippable, and Allpro Pro-Duty 3400 provide good adhesion and allow for easier stripping when the wall covering is to be removed or replaced.
Clay adhesives such as Professional Extra Strength (PRO-732), Professional Clay Strippable (PRO-774), Golden Harvest GH-40, Allpro Extra Strength Vinyl 600, and Allpro Clay Strippable 661 have also been shown to be effective both during installation and the removal of these wall covering materials.
* Pastes such as Professional Heavy Duty Clear PRO-838 or Allpro Clear Hang 610 have a more aggressive adhesion and should be used for more permanent applications.
* Vinyl-over-vinyl pastes tend to dry too quickly on these products and are not recommended.
* Apply a coat of the adhesive to back of wallpaper using a 1/2” nap paint roller. Book for 10 minutes.
* Do not use tape on imaged surface.
* Do not get wallpaper surface wet.
Lay out panels side by side to confirm order. Carefully trim white borders to edge of print, changing blades frequently. Unlike many traditional types of wallpaper, these panels are printed to join WITHOUT trimming any design.
Align top and adjoining edges. Smooth panels into place with a smoothing brush, starting at the center of the panel working towards the edges.
The low wet expansion of this paper allows double cutting at the seams if necessary. Overlapping the seams is not recommended.
Sealing the Paper
Wallpaper may have a protective coating or liquid laminate applied to protect it and extend life. Always pretest laminates prior to use for compatibility. Pressure-sensitive laminates are not recommended.
Upon request we gladly provide sample pieces for test hanging. Installers have their own methods for installing, and these instructions are for suggestion only. No claims will be accepted for inadequate or faulty installation based on these suggestions. Nor will claims be accepted for cut or installed wallpaper.